Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Top Five Best TV Show First Kisses

Hiya, it's been a while! I don't think anyone reads this, but in case anyone does: I hope you're well, and I hope you're making it through this damn pandemic okay! Anyway I was watching clips of TV shows on Youtube, as one does, and I was reminded of Chuck and Sarah's great "first kiss" from the show Chuck - now technically they had kissed a bunch before the scene I'm talking about, but this was the first time they kissed for real and not as part of their cover story. This got me thinking about all the great TV show first kisses, and I was like "hey, I should list them somewhere!" and that's when I remembered I have a blog for this very reason!

Anyway, without further delay... here are my top five fave first kisses (in no particular order... uhh #spoilers, obviously)


-Chuck & Sarah -  "Chuck" Season 1 Episode 9
The one that prompted this list! Chuck was a pretty good show - long story short, it was about a nerd who accidentally becomes a spy. It was fun, action-packed, and what can I say, I'm a sucker for Zachary Levi. Chuck and Sarah had a lot of back and forth throughout the seasons even though it was pretty much love at first sight for both of them. I love this kiss because it's the first time Chuck realized Sarah might be into him as well. Of course, it only happens when they think they are going to die, and it brings up some other problems after they don't, but that only makes it all the sweeter!


-Felicity & Ben - "Felicity" Season 1 Episode 22
Boy oh boy, Felicity was a real roller coaster of a show. I won't say it was good, but I liked it. The premise alone was nuts (girl abandons her future career as a doctor to follow a cute boy to a liberal arts school in New York because they talked ONCE at graduation and he said he wished he had gotten to know her better) and the last few episodes dip into SciFi territory when they introduce time travel (because of course it does, JJ Abrams created it). The scene starts out with Felicity and Ben debating on whether or not to road trip together back to their hometown for the summer only a few days after they ALMOST kissed. Love the show or hate it, you cannot deny how great this scene is, so don't even try! 


-Frank & Jin-young - "Hotelier" Season 1 Episode 11
Now I'm gonna be honest with you - I don't 100% remember for sure that this was their first kiss. You see, I haven't seen this show in over a decade, but I still remember this scene so well that to me, it might as well be their only kiss! Just to set the scene: Jin-young works at this hotel that she loves, and she had kind of been flirting with Frank not realizing that he was basically only there to try to buy or sell or ruin the hotel somehow - I don't remember, it's been a while! All I know is Jin-young was pissed that Frank was trying to take down her beloved hotel - little did she know that Frank had already fallen in love with her by that point and he ultimately helps save the hotel. Now, there are no subtitles on this clip, but true romance knows no language so listen with your heart instead of your ears while you watch this!


-Sidney & Vaughn - "Alias" Season 2 Episode 13
Oh, Alias! One of my all time favorite shows. It's about a girl dealing with all sorts of feelings and stuff while also being a badass spy. This kiss is great not only because the spy and her handler had been dancing around this and making moon eyes at each other for like a season and a half, and this was right after they took down the bad guys that Sidney worked for and it was the first time they were in a position where they were equals instead of handler and... handlee??? It was also the episode that really shifted the show into high gear and changed up the format in a way that made things fresh and interesting again. Alias is another show that goes off the rails a little and becomes more SciFi as the series wears on (JJ Abrams just can't help himself, I guess) but holy heck, when this show was good it was VERY VERY good, and this kiss came when this show was on TOP.


-Veronica & Logan - "Veronica Mars" Season 1 Episode 18
Look, I know I said these weren't in any particular order, but this one *might* be my favorite. Veronica Mars was a pretty good show about a teenage private detective who was trying to solve her best friend's murder. Logan started out as the local "psychotic jackass" but then grew into a hero with a heart of gold. Their on again/off again relationship was heavily featured through the show and the movie (and the show again when Hulu brought it back... it was good but let it be known - I didn't LoVe the ending!). This first kiss takes place shortly after Logan saves Veronica from a menacing Johnathan Taylor Thomas and it was the start of something epic. This clip has a little more context than you actually need, but whatever, it's all gravy!


Honorable Mention!
Pacey and Joey from Dawson's Creek - they are one of my favorite TV couples even though Joey was a wet blanket and they had one of the WORST breakups in TV history at the end of season 4, and honestly, their first kiss wasn't my favorite. But their second kiss? Yeah boy!!!


So that's it! What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? What are some of your favorite TV kisses?!


No comments:

Post a Comment